With the Stay at Home order lifted, schedules are resuming back to normal. Families are back on the go. Busy families do not have ample time to spend on kitchen cleanup, but who can tolerate a dirty or messy kitchen? We have some easy tips for keeping the kitchen clean that will cut down on cleaning time.
- Keep all cleaning supplies organized and together. Scrambling to find cleansers, dishcloths, sponges, etc. is time consuming and also increases the risk of distractions so you forget what you were working on in the first place.
- Incorporate a basket for misplaced items. This way, when items that do not belong in the kitchen are left lying around, they can easily be tossed in the basket. The basket will keep them contained and prevent them from cluttering the kitchen.
- Avoid leaving appliances displayed on the countertops. Instead, try to have them all kept away in cupboards when they are not being used. This will save time in desperately trying to find a spot for them all when it is time for a deep kitchen cleaning.
- Train family members to clear and rinse their own plates after each meal. This task is simple and quick, but it makes the job of dishwashing so much easier.
- Before preparing food, run a sink of hot, soapy water. As items such as mixing bowls, cutting boards, and knives become dirty, quickly wash them to prevent food from drying and sticking.
- Wipe out the sink after each use. Often, people allow bits of food to build up in the sink. Taking a few seconds to dump out the food scraps and wipe down the surfaces will cause the sink to stay clean and prevent food from drying and staining.
- When cooking, clean as you go. The habit of cleaning as you go along helps with motivation to keep the kitchen clean. It also helps prevent spills from staining the countertops.
- Create a playlist just for cleaning. Allow each family member to contribute some of their favorite songs. This will make the job of cleaning much more fun; therefore, people will be much more efficient in doing so.
Using these tips will save a lot of time when a deep kitchen cleaning session is needed. They will also help eliminate any stress of having surprise guests come. There will be no need to scramble trying to clean up the kitchen before they see it, because it will already look presentable. A family on-the-go does not want to spend all of their time cleaning, make cleaning easy and enjoy some spare time for fun!